$125.00 – $310.00
Librium contains generic chlordiazepoxide which is used in the treatment of anxiety and alcohol withdrawal. Some patients have fear of surgery; it is used in such patients to relieve fear and anxiety. Chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine which acts on central nervous system to produce a calming effect. It is also used as a sedative, appetite stimulating agent and pain reliever.librium dosage for anxiety
Librium | librium side effects .Chlordiazepoxide is an active constituent of the Librium. It belongs to the benzodiazepines category. Benzodiazepines work by enhancing the activity of GABA (gamma amino butyric acid). GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter in our body. Brain cells use this chemical (GABA) to suppress the activity of other cells by slowing down the movement of other chemicals in the brain. This results in a reduction in anxiety and muscle spasm. It also causes sedation. It also works to treat alcohol withdrawal in the same manner by suppressing the activity of other cells in the brain.Librium | librium side effects
Uses of Librium | librium for anxiety | what is librium used for?
Drug Interactions for Librium
Some of the medicines which may interact with the Librium are as follows:
- Sodium oxybate
- Anti-depressant drugs such as fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, nefazodone
- Medicines for sleep (Sedatives)
- Muscle relaxants
- Anticonvulsant drugs such as phenytoin, carbamazepine
- Antihistamines that may cause drowsiness such as diphenhydramine
- Narcotic pain relievers such as codeine
- Psychiatric medicines such as chlorpromazine, amitriptyline
- Cough and cold products because they may contain drowsiness causing constituents
- Smoking may decrease the effectiveness of this medicine.
Contraindications for Librium
Librium is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Do not use this drug if you are allergic to chlordiazepoxide or any other inactive constituent of this medicine.
- Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to other benzodiazepines such as alprazolam, diazepam, lorazepam or oxazepam.
- Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant.
- Avoid breastfeeding if are using this drug.
Storage of Librium
Librium is to be stored at room temperature below 30 degree C. Protect from heat, moisture and direct light. Store it in a cool and dry place. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Librium is used at a dose of 5-10 mg, 3-4 times in a day, in case of mild to moderate anxiety. But in case of severe anxiety disorders, it is used at a dose of 20-25 mg, 3-4 times in a day with a glassful of water.
In case you missed any dose of Librium
If you forget to take the dose of Librium, you may be able to take the missed dose when you remember. Don’t take a double dose to make up for the missed dose as multiple doses can lead to excess drug in the body which can be dangerous.
Consult to your Doctor immediately in case of overdose of Librium as side effects of Librium is more severe than that of the other drugs. The symptoms of overdose include diarrhea, dizziness, stomach pain, nausea or seizure.
Commonly seen side effects of Librium are as follows:-
- Skin eruptions
- Minor menstrual irregularities
Some severe but very rare side effects may include:-
- Abdominal pain
Precautions for Librium
Some of the precautionary measures for Librium are as follows:
- Use this drug with caution if you are having kidney disease, liver disease, lung problems such as sleep apnea and COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
- Avoid the use of this drug if you are taking alcohol and alcoholic beverages.
- Do not drive or do other works which require alertness as this medicine may cause sedation.
- In older adults, drowsiness may increase the risk of falling.
- Avoid using Librium if you have glaucoma or seizures.
- Use this medicine with caution if your age is above 65 years.
- Smoking can decrease the effectiveness of this medicine.
100 Pills, 150 Pills, 200 Pills, 250 Pills